As with any dental procedure, there are contraindications for Beyond Teeth Whitening . In this case, it is worth remembering that the procedure itself is not only cosmetic in nature, but also directly affects the health of the patient’s teeth, being an intervention in the body, which can cause a response.
The main contraindications for office teeth whitening Beyond Polus :
1. Age (not recommended for children and adolescents under 16).
2. During pregnancy and lactation.
3. The presence of allergic reactions to the active bleaching agent.
4. While taking certain medications (tretinoin, hydrochlorothioside, etc.).
5. For diseases of the endocrine system, cancer, hypertension.
In addition, there are local contraindications:
1. The presence of artificial restorative structures in the mouth, fillings, crowns and caries.
2. With increased sensitivity and abrasion of the enamel.
3. For diseases of the mucous membrane and in the acute stages of periodontitis.
4. With restrictions on opening the mouth due to diseases of the mandibular apparatus.
The presence of one or more of the contraindications listed above during or after bleaching can lead to irritation on the mucous membrane, regression of tooth color, distorted taste sensations, and even a significant general health disorder.
In general, whitening does not harm the body, since a high-quality examination and consultation with a dentist can guarantee to exclude possible negative consequences or complications.