Braces significantly complicate self-cleaning of teeth, therefore, more attention should be paid to oral hygiene in this case.
The situation is aggravated by the fact that food residues accumulate under the structural elements of the braces, which are easy to overlook, and thereby leave a fertile environment for the development of pathogenic flora.
To combat the likely development of dental diseases, dentists recommend Air Flow hardware cleaning to such patients.
✔ prevention of caries and its complications;
✔ Removal of plaque from hard-to-reach places.
– takes longer than patients without braces;
– requires more frequent professional cleaning. Every 3 months.
Types of cleansing performed by:
- Plaque indicator;
- Air Flow Teeth Cleaning;
- Polishing old fillings (to restore the gloss and smoothness of the surface); *
- Cleaning teeth with ultrasound (scaling); *
- Treatment dressing *
* if necessary
– in case of a strong inflammatory process, it is forbidden to carry out the procedure on the day of setting the bracket system.